BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe

Tuesday, August 18, 2009
After I started building my stock pile of great deals, I found that I had lots of odds and ends of groceries.  Sometimes, I didn't feel like I had things to make a compete meal.  I started researching different recipes to use the products I had so much inventory of.  You will be surprised with some of the great recipes out there.

Did you pick up your pork lion at Meijer this week for $1.47 lb?  AWESOME price.  I got 2.  One for this week, and one for my freezer.  Do you have a ton of Kraft BBQ sauce from previous sales?  What about the $1 apple juice from Remke?

Here is my famous recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork sandwiches.  It doesn't get easier than this, and it is fool proof.

Put your pork loin in a large crock pot, fat side up.
1) Cover 3/4 of of pork with apple juice (this makes it sweet and tender)
2) Top pork loin with 2 T crushed garlic
3) Put on 1 T rosemary 
4) Spread garlic and rosemary all over the top of pork loin
5) Cook on low overnight
6) In the morning, drain liquid and scrape off seasonings and fat.
7) Take 2 forks.  In cross like motion, shred BBQ.  It should just fall apart.
8) Add your BBQ sauce.  Put in as much or as little as you want.  
9) Cook on low for another hour or so.  The longer you cook it,the more BBQ sauce it soaks up.  You can turn it on warm and eat it for lunch or dinner.

I prefer Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce.  It's sweet flavor goes well with the sweet taste from the apple juice, but Kraft is pretty good too.  Enjoy!

Total cost:
$5.84 Pork loin
$1 bottle apple juice
FREE Kraft BBQ
$.30 package of Aunt Millies Hamburger Buns
=$7.14  This recipe makes 2 meals for my family.
=$3.57 per meal  NOT BAD!

Combined with corn from my garden - delicious meal
Let me know if you try it and what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment