Aldi - what do you buy?

Saturday, September 5, 2009
As I stated before, if you think you don't have time to go full force coupon shopping, there are other ways to help cut your grocery bill.  You might not cut it as much as you would if you did coupons, but it will be a great start.  My neighbor asked me the other day what I buy at Aldi.  Truth is, I used to shop Aldi every week before I started coupon shopping.  Now, I shop Aldi about once a month, or more if I need produce.  Aldi mainly carries their own name brand.  I typically go for produce, canned goods, and other items that we never seem to get a coupon for.  
Here are just a few of their prices for you to compare to some of the things you buy.
Flavored Tortilla Wraps $1.99   Meijer $3.59
String Cheese $2.49 I don't think anyone can beat this price.
Onions  (small bag) $.99   Kroger value brand $2.99 bag
Pork-& Beans $.49 can
Baked Beans $.59 can
Kidney Beans $.59 can
Baby Carrots $.99
Mandarin Oranges $.45 small can
Lettuce $.75 head
Bag of green apples $1.99
Butter Beans $.69 can
Box of Stuffing $.89
Tortilla Chips $.99
Pretzels $1.29
Tomato Paste $.39 can( Kroger is close to this price)
Tomato Soup $.49 can
Baking Soda $.49 box
Pancake Syrup $1.39
Parmesan Cheese  $2.39 canister
Tomato Sauce $.25 small can
Saltines $.79 box
Lowfat Granola Cereal $1.69   Meijer over $3.50 box
Cereal is always $1.79 or less.  My target price, with coupons, is $1 or less a box.  However, if you are not cutting coupons, or you run out of cereal, you can't beat Aldi's price.

Never shopped Adli?  Check it out sometime. You must have a quarter to get a cart out, but you get your quarter back when you return the cart.  You also need to bring your own bags.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment