CVS - the simple version - updated

Saturday, September 12, 2009
Okay, I know many of you newbies don't understand how CVS and Walgreens work, so I will try to keep it simple.

Here is what I plan on doing...
Transaction#1Dyno Pep energy shot
$4.99
I will pay $4.99 (unless I have Extra Care Bucks - ECBs- from the previous week)
The cashier will then give me a receipt with an ECB coupon of $4.99 for my next order

Transaction#2
Buy 1 Colgate total at $2.99
Use$1 off MQ in today's paper
=$1.99
Listerine $3.99
-$2 MQ - from quite some time ago
=$1.99
Another Listerine $3.99
-$2 MQ
=$1.99
Total $5.97
-$4.99 ECB receipt from last transaction
=$1.07 and get $6 ECB back for next purchase

Getting the idea?  Always try to buy things when they have ECB's and you can use a coupon.  You want to just "roll" your ECB's to your next transaction.  Save some for the next Sunday to do all over again.





0 comments:

Post a Comment