Recipe of the Week - Vegetable Soup

Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I posted this recipe when I first started the blog, but I thought it would be good to repeat it this week.  With the cool weather approaching, it puts me in the mood for soups and chili.
Laura's vegetable soup
1 jug V8 vegetable juice - FREE when Bigg's did triple coupons
Fill same jug with water and dump in pan

10-13 cubes beef bouillon - $1 Aldi

3 bags frozen bags of "veg soup mix" - or mixed veggies or chop up your own onion, carrots, potatoes, green beans, lima beans, corn - whatever veggies you prefer = FREE at Meijer this week with Green Giant printable coupon  www.smartsource.com

2 bay leaves

1 onion - bag at Aldi $.99

a few dashes of hot sauce (another way to use some of the FREE RedHot we have)

1-2 pounds of cooked ground beef =$1.50 Remke sale
Cover and cook for at least 30 minutes.  I usually cook mine on low for 1 hour or more.
We always like to add more hot sauce to our individual servings, but that is optional as well.
My kids don't normally like vegetable soup, but they love this recipe!
Total spent = approx $3  Will be enough for 2 meals in my family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment