Recipe Report - Success

Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Well, I have to say that we all survived my cream cheese recipes last night.  The kids LOVED the Creamed Corn and all had seconds.

Creamed Corn
3 bags Frozen Corn (Free to $.30  a bag)
1 1/2 bricks of cream cheese (Free from previous Meijer sale)
2 tablespoons Sugar
6 slices American Cheese (Free from previous Meijer sale)
1/4 cup butter (Free from previous Meijer sale)
3 tablespoons milk

Cook in crockpot on low for approx.  4 hours.
This was so easy! I estimate that I spent about $1 or less for the Creamed Corn recipe.

Creamy chicken, Bacon, and Tomato Pasta
3 cooked and cubed chicken breasts $2.50
1/2 box barilla piccolini pasta, cooked and drained - free
1/2 pack bacon, cooked - $1
1 can Rotel tomates -free
1/2 brick of cream cheese - free
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp. pepper

All everything except pasta into bowl.  Add hot pasta to ingredients in bowl.  Mix until cream cheese is melted.

Optional: Add 1 cup mozzerella cheese to pasta - (Free from previous sale at Meijer)
Total I spent: $3.50 
Dinner total:$4.50  PLUS, this made enough for 2 meals for our family of 5.  I stuck the leftovers in the freezer for the next time I need a quick meal.



0 comments:

Post a Comment