Thursday's Tip of the Day - YUM!

Thursday, March 18, 2010
BBQ Pulled Pork - This makes 2 meals for my family. If we don't eat it as leftovers, I freeze it for the next time.

This is so easy and foolproof!!!

Pork Loin 4 lbs. $8(I try not to pay more than $1.99 a pound)
Apple juice $1 (Kroger this week. Sometimes it does not take the whole bottle)
2 T Minced Garlic $.25 (I use it from the jar)
3 bottles BBQ sauce (For quite some time, I got all my Kraft BBQ sauce for free)

1)Place pork loin, fat side up, in large crockpot
2)Cover 3/4 of the way with apple juice
3) Spoon garlic on top of fat
4) Cook on low for 8 hours
5) Drain juice and scrape off fat/garlic
6) Use 2 forks, criss-cross action, to shred the pork. It should just fall apart.
7) Add 2 bottles BBQ sauce
8) Keep warm until time to serve.
9)Add last bottle BBQ sauce right before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment