Thursday's tip of the day - Vinegar

Thursday, April 15, 2010
Did you know how many uses there are for vinegar? Way more than I can keep track of. Someone has even written a book on the uses of vinegar. As part of my mission to cut down on our costs at home, I started washing all my laundry in cold water. This saves us money by not having to heat so much hot water. However, sometimes my laundry needs an extra boost. Yes, you can buy special stuff to add to your wash, but it will cost you more than plain white vinegar. Different people put in different amounts of vinegar at different times of the wash cycle. I put about 1/4 cup vinegar in while it is washing to help get out the stains. Other people like to put the vinegar in during the rinse cycle because it will act as a fabric softener. My dishwasher started to have this nasty smell the other day. I put about 1/4 cup vinegar in the bottom and ran it without any dishes. Now, it smells great! I also use it to clean our hardwood floors. Just mix about 1/2 cup vinegar to a sink full of water. You will have beautiful floors. The other great thing about vinegar is that it is all natural - no chemicals. You already know those benefits. These are just a few uses. Anyone use vinegar for anything else?

1 comments:

  • NakiaW

    I try to put 2 cups vinegar in the washing machine (I have a large capicity) at least once a month and run on its normal cycle (without clothes in it). This will make it shine like new again. Removes soap scum and snuggle scum (I suppose you would call it that Lol :-))

  • Post a Comment