Cinco de Mayo Recipe

Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Are you having friends over for Cinco de Mayo?  If so, here is a great recipe that is sure to hit the spot.  A friend gave me this recipe a few summers ago, and we loved it!  Of course, I had to add my own touch and switch it up just a little.

Avocado Tomato Salsa
2 Ripe Avocados - chopped
4 Fresh Roma Tomatoes - chopped
2 T crushed garlic (I use the kind in the refrigerated jar)
1/2 C Sweet onion (yellow or red)
1/4 C chopped Fresh Cilantro
Fresh Lime Juice 1/2 a lime or approx 2 T refrigerated lime juice
Hot Sauce - I use about 2 T, but we like ours hot - great way to put some of your FREE RedHot to use
Season Salt to taste.  I use about 1 T.
1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Cover and refrigerate for approx 15 minutes.  Delicious.

*  By the way, it does not make great leftovers because it gets really juicy and soggy.  Try to eat it all that day.  Don't worry-it is so yummy that it won't last long!

0 comments:

Post a Comment